2B30 07.51 Birmingham New Street – London Euston (1989)21st October 2020
Hi, and thank you for downloading this bitesize scenario for the fantastic West Coast Main Line South route.
To install, simply copy the enclosed ‘Content’ folder to your Railworks folder. This is a ‘Timetabled’ scenario which should last around 90 minutes, and is named “[MJC] 2B30 0751 Birmingham New St – Euston”.
On a fine Summer Saturday morning drive a ‘Network Express’ service from Birmingham to Euston as far as Northampton. Set up your cab and release the doors – this train is operated with a guard. On departure from Birmingham New Street you will call at all stations to Northampton, where you will be relieved. Year: 1989
As an alternative option, when you arrive at Stechford you can relinquish control of the class 317 and take-over driving the train stood on platform 3. To do this, stop at Stechford and follow the instructions before releasing the doors on the 317. If you wish to continue with the 317, just open the doors as normal.
Please note, class 303 EMUs are used as stand-ins for the class 304 ‘dinosaur’ units that would have been seen at this time.
The following are required to ensure that the scenario functions correctly :
* From Alan Thomson Sim
– West Coast Main Line South route version 5.3 (or later, if/when released), and associated requirements. https://alanthomsonsim.com/?download=west-coast-mainline-south-v5-3
* Armstrong Powerhouse https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/ :
– Class 37 locomotive pack volume 1
– Class 43 (Valenta) / Mark 3 enhancement pack (and associated requirements)
– Class 50 locomotive pack
– Class 86 enhancement pack (and associated requirements)
– Class 90 / Mark 3 DVT pack (and associated requirements)
– Class 150/1 enhancement pack (and associated requirements)
– Class 156 pack
– Class 317 EMU pack volume 1
– Mark 1 coach pack volume 1
– Mark 2A-2C coach pack
– Mark 2D-2F coach pack
* Vulcan Productions:
– BR Blue Class 47 (pre-1985) pack (and associated requirements) https://www.vulcanproductions.co.uk/diesel.html
– Blue / Grey Class 117/118 DMU pack (and associated requirements) https://www.vulcanproductions.co.uk/dmu.html
– VP Intercity Motorail Coaches (and associated requirements) https://www.vulcanproductions.co.uk/rollingstock.html
* DP Simulation:
– Class 303 GMPTE Blue/Grey EMU by Richard Fletcher (and associated requirements) https://dpsimulation.org.uk/rf72emu.html
The following are NOT required to ensure that the scenario functions correctly, however they will add to the immersion:
* From Armstrong Powerhouse https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/ :
– Sky and Weather enhancement pack.
I do hope you enjoy this scenario.