From the quaint rural port town of Kings Lynn to the bustling hub of train services in Eastern England at London Kings Cross, the new Kings Cross to Kings Lynn route offers players a vast variety of scenery and settings from bustling mainlines, smaller intercity lines and even single track affairs. This new product offers players over 50 miles of brand new route and further 50 that has been upgraded featuring new foliage, infrastructure and overhead line. This comes together as a stunning 100 mile package distilling the essence of Great Northern services old and new. The route also adds a great deal of potential for freight services such as the Middleton Towers Stone trains. When coupled with the ATS Cambridge to Peterborough, a world of possibility is unlocked allowing simulation of East Coast diverts via Cambridge for the first time, Stone trains to Whitemoor, Container services and more. There’s lots to explore and enjoy for any train sim fan no matter their preference.
Points of interest:
Keep your eyes peeled for: – The ‘Mighty’ London Kings Cross – Hitchin Flyover – Letchworth Garden City Station – Royston Station – Meldreth Station – Shepreth Station – Foxton Station – Cambridge Station – Cambridge North Station – Ely Station – Ely Disused Level Crossing (Lights still flash) – Littleport Station – Downham Market Station – Watlington Station – Kings Lynn Station
Download Manual: Here
Download AP Signalling Enhancement Pack Patch: Here
Peterborough to Cambridge Owners:
If you previously own Peterborough to Cambridge, and now have purchased Kings Cross to Kings Lynn, you will receive both routes as a merge but also, as an extra bonus, will also receive an updated version of Hitchin to Peterborough (via Huntingdon and Sandy). This has been updated with new overhead line and “High Speed” Level Crossings.
- Train Simulator 2021 +
- East Coast Main Line London-Peterborough Route Add-On
- Great Eastern Main Line London-Ipswich Route Add-On
- South Western Main Line: Southampton – Bournemouth Route Add-On
- Overhead Live Electrification Pack (OHLE Pack)
- Train Simulator: London to Brighton Route Add-On
3 “Full Run” scenarios have been included with Kings Cross to Kings Lynn (one starting from Kings Cross and the other two from Kings Lynn). Made by the lovely Matt Carroll of WTT Scenarios, all 3 scenarios run for the entire length of the route from Kings Cross to Kings Lynn (or vice-versa) via Cambridge.
The 3 scenarios are as follows (In game, they will begin with the abbreviation “ATS”):
1T32 1444 King’s Cross – King’s Lynn (Class 365 – Kings Cross to Kings Lynn)
1T13 0725 King’s Lynn – King’s Cross (Class 387 – Kings Lynn to Kings Cross)
1T77 1836 King’s Lynn – King’s Cross (Class 387 – Kings Lynn to Kings Cross)
Requirements for the Scenarios are as follows:
- AP Class 158 EP (Cummins)*
- AP Class 170 EP*
- AP Class 313 EMU
- AP Class 317 EMU
- AP Class 365 EP*
- AP Class 387 EP
- AP Class 43 EP (MTU)*
- AP Class 66 EP*
- AP Class 67 EP*
- AP Class 90 (Both 90+Mk3, and Freightliner)
- AP Class 91 EP*
- AP JNA-C Wagon Pack
- AP Sky & Weather EP
- AP Wherry Lines
- Alan Thomson Sim DB Cargo Class 90 Pack*
- Alan Thomson Sim LNER/VTEC 91 Pack*
- Alan Thomson Sim LNER/VTEC HST Pack*
- Alan Thomson Sim Class 180 Upgrade Complete*
- Class 90 DB Cargo
- Class 90 EWS
- Steam: Chatham Main & Medway Valley Lines*Denotes an item has its own requirements.
– Nothing; it’s V1.
V1.01 (20/09/2021) 2330
– Vegetation removed from level crossing north of Watlington.
– Occlusion added underneath platforms at Downham Market and Watlington.
– Floating ground signal repositioned at Downham Market.
– Added route markers between King’s Lynn and Littleport.
– New Gatelines at King’s Lynn.
– Added night lighting and further clutter to King’s Lynn station.
– Petrol station at King’s Lynn reduced in height.
– Reduced width of cycle path and moved trees at Shelford Junction.
– Fixed water at Ely Marina/Canal
– Added fencing near Royston (and Royston station).
– Moved signals at Cambridge P3 to accommodate 8 coach trains.
– Switched a ground signal from 1T to 2T at Cambridge.
– Hitchin Signals K697 and K699 amended.
– Vegetation removed from Hitchin Flyover.
– Changes to Letchworth station and surrounding scenery.
– Bike shelter rebaked and platform edge fixed at Cambridge North.
– Added scenery to Barrington Sidings.
– Added buer lights to Foxton Siding.
– Added neutral section near Cambridge North.
V1.02 (02/06/2022) 2000
– It is advisable that all scenarios made on V1.01 or lower are checked due to
certain changes made to the track (around Finsbury Park and Cambridge).
– Revised position of Cambridge P1/4 crossover and associated signalling.
– Revised junction to the north of Finsbury Park P1/2/3.
– Various platform extensions to better match reality.
– Widescale stop marker additions to stations.
– Tidy up of some erroneous OHLE.
– Added Brighton Mainline as a requirement in preparation for future stages.