Hi, and thank you for downloading this scenario for the fantastic West Coast Main Line Midlands and North West route, phase 3.
To install, simply copy the enclosed ‘Content’ folder to your Railworks folder. This is a ‘Standard’ scenario which should last around 35 minutes, and is named “[MJC] 1Z25 1342 Crewe – Preston”.
Drive an APT unit on a VIP working non-stop between Crewe and Preston. Year: 1982
Release the doors so that your VIP guests can board, then prepare to depart at 1342. You are to run non-stop to Preston, and Control have instructed all signalboxes to give you a clear run. Hopefully you will complete the journey in less than 30 minutes. C-APT in-cab speed guides are in place from the outskirts of Crewe all the way to the approach to Preston station. Maximum speed is 125mph. Known issue: Approaching Wigan the C-APT warning will sound too late, please brake according to the HUD.
The following are required to ensure that the scenario functions correctly :
* From Alan Thomson Sim
– West Coast Main Line Midlands and North West Phase 3 West Coast Mainline Midlands and Northwest (aka – ‘Missing Link’) – Alan Thomson Simulation
* Armstrong Powerhouse https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/ :
– Class 31 enhancement pack (and associated requirements)
– Class 43 (Valenta) / Mark 3 enhancement pack (and associated requirements)
– Class 50 locomotive pack
– Class 86 enhancement pack (and associated requirements)
– Class 86 / 87 sound pack (for class 87 liveries)
– Class 101/117/121 sound pack
– Class 303 sound pack
– Mark 1 coach pack volume 1
– Mark 2A-2C coach pack
– Mark 2D-2F coach pack
* From STEAM:
– BR Class 101 DMU add-on https://store.steampowered.com/app/222579/Train_Simulator_BR_Class_101_DMU_AddOn/
– BR Blue Pack Loco add-on https://store.steampowered.com/app/325977/Train_Simulator_BR_Blue_Pack_Loco_AddOn/
– BR Blue Class 08 add-on livery (and associated requirements) https://store.steampowered.com/app/275804/BR_Blue_Class_08_Addon_Livery/
– TS Marketplace 80t Bogie Bolster https://store.steampowered.com/app/326044/TS_Marketplace_BDA_80t_Bogie_Bolster_Wagon_Pack/
* From Vulcan Productions:
– BR Blue Class 45/46 and BR Blue Class 47 pre-1985 (and associated requirements) https://www.vulcanproductions.co.uk/diesel.html
* DP Simulation:
– Class 303 GMPTE Blue/Grey EMU by Richard Fletcher (and associated requirements) https://dpsimulation.org.uk/rf72emu.html
The following are NOT required to ensure that the scenario functions correctly, however they will add to the immersion:
* From Armstrong Powerhouse https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/ :
– Sky and Weather enhancement pack.
I do hope you enjoy this scenario.