The U-Bahn Hamburg U1 line is approximately 55 km in length (34 miles). This makes it not only the longest U-Bahn service of the northern German metropolis of Hamburg, but also the longest U-Bahn service in Germany.
Developed with permission and supported by the Hochbahn AG, the Hamburg Transport Authority, the route is an authentic reproduction of the U1 line starting in the north at Norderstedt Mitte. The line runs south into the city centre at Jungfernstieg, onto Hauptbahnhof Süd and then heads north-east out of town to Volksdorf where it divides into two branches, the left one leading to Ohlstedt and the right to Großhansdorf. The U1 serves 47 stations. The line was built in 1914 and the 47th station opened in 1998 with the opening of line to Norderstedt.
In less than 90 minutes passengers get to see many different faces of the city. Starting in the neighbouring city of Norderstedt you pass through residential neighbourhoods then wealthy districts such as Harvestehude at the beginning of the downtown underground section. Shortly after, downtown areas are served by the U1, which stops at important transport hubs such as Jungfernstieg station and Hamburg central station. From there, the U1 serves various densely populated residential districts. There are 15 tunnel stations in the central districts.
Drivable train – HHA Type DT5
The Type DT5 was introduced in 2012 to completely renew the existing rolling stock. The Type DT5 is the first U-Bahn train in Hamburg with air-conditioning and which allows passengers to move between carriages. The DT5 features:
- Fully operational onboard computer
- Automatic announcements spoken by Ingrid Metz-Neun
- Manual door controls
- Video transmission from platform cameras while the train is at a station
- Authentic train sounds
Included AI vehicles
- DT4 (the developer is planning to make the DT4 available as drivable rolling stock via a future free update for this software)
- S-Bahn Hamburg Class 474 (for line S1 in Ohlsdorf station)
- AKN Class VTA diesel train (for line A2 in Norderstedt Mitte station)
- Hamburg metro AL2 battery locomotive
- Plane which flies over the overground track near Fuhlsbüttel Nord station, where the Hamburg Airport approach crosses the railway
- DT3N, DT3E and DT3 trains which stay in the Farmsen depot sidings
Six Standard scenarios are provided as well as two Free Roams. The route is Quick Drive enabled.
English and German PDF manuals are included.
U1 Farmsen to Ohlsdorf
Duration: 48 minutes
U1 Fuhlsbuettel Nord to Farmsen
Duration: 51 minutes
U1 Grosshansdorf to Norderstedt Mitte
Duration: 84 minutes
U1 Norderstedt Mitte to Grosshansdorf
Duration: 84 minutes
U1 Norderstedt Mitte to Ohlstedt
Duration: 73 minutes
U1 Ohlstedt to Norderstedt Mitte
Duration: 77 minutes
Free Roam scenarios
Free Roam: Farmsen
Starting in Farmsen, pick a train and explore the route.
Free Roam: Ochsenzoll
Starting in Ochsenzoll, pick a train and explore the route.
The route is Quick Drive enabled.
- Train Simulator Classic
- European Loco & Asset Pack
- Intel Core-i5 4690 3.50GHz Quad Core or AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.80GHz Quad Core or better
- 4GB RAM (maximum possible under 32-bit Windows) / 16GB or more for 64-bit Windows
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7
- nVidia GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon RX 480 with 4GB dedicated VRAM or more
- DirectX 9.0c
- Broadband Connection for Train Simulator
- 2.5GB hard drive space
- Storage: High Performance SSD recommended
- Sound card: DirectX-compatible audio device