(LT 5.1) Part 2 6S78 1810 Severn Tunnel Junction – Mossend. Maindee Jnc to Hereford18th September 2021
In the early 1980’s class 40’s were regular visitors to South East Wales working down the Welsh Marches from Crewe. One service where they returned north on was the S78 1810 Severn Tunnel Junction – Mossend.
Over three scenarios class 40, 40085 will work from Severn Tunnel Junction stabling point, collecting the freight consist from the down yard, over the steep banks between South Wales and Hereford, then onto Shrewsbury.
In this scenario drive the leg from Maindee Junction to Hereford where there is a scheduled crew change at the north end of the station. The steep banks on this journey will prove quite an endurance for the class 40 so expect quite a slow run at times.
For more BR blue and some modern related scenarios please check out – https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198061665539/myworkshopfiles/
INSTALLATION – Drag the ‘Content’ folder into your ‘RailWorks’ folder, then clear the cache in Train Simulator. The scenario should now be visible in the route ‘Welsh Marches Line – Newport to Shrewsbury’ and playable with the name “(LT 5.1) Part 2 6S78 1810 Severn Tunnel Junction – Mossend. Maindee Jnc to Hereford”.
Scenario length – 75 mins, hard rating
Note, this scenario uses the Armstrong Powerhouse Sky & Weather Enhancement Pack
ROUTE REQUIRED –
– Train Simulator: Welsh Marches: Newport – Shrewsbury Route Add-On
PLAYERS TRAIN AND AI, ESSENTIAL ITEMS:
– Train Simulator: BR Class 33 Loco Add-On
– Train Simulator: BR Class 45 ‘Peak’ Loco Add-On
– Train Simulator: BR Class 101 DMU Add-On
– Train Simulator: BR Blue Pack Loco Add-On
– Train Simulator: European Loco & Asset Pack
– TS Marketplace: BDO 60T Unfitted Bogie Bolster Wagon Pack
– TS Marketplace: VCA 45t GLW 2 axle vans Wagon Pack
– TS Marketplace: VGA/VKA Wagon Pack Add-On
– West Coast Main Line Over Shap Route Add-on
From Armstrong Powerhouse
– Mk1 Coach Pack Vol.1
– Class 40 Locomotive Pack
– Class 47 Sound Pack (Pro)
– MGR Wagon Pack
– TDA-D Wagon Pack
From Digital Traction
– British Rail Wagon Pack (1960s-2000)
– British Railways Wagons Pack
From Vulcan Productions
– BR Blue Class 45/46
– BR Blue Class 47 Pack (Pre 1985)
STATIC AI/CONSISTS, NON-ESSENTIAL ITEMS:
– Train Simulator: EWS & Freightliner Class 08s Loco Add-On
– BR Blue Class 08 Add-on Livery
From Armstrong Powerhouse
– Mk2A-C Coach Pack
– Sky & Weather Enhancement Pack
There seems to be a problem – I can’t get the train to move at all and the ammeter stays stubbornly at 0.
Thank you for the scenarios, I really enjoyed them, the traction, the era, love the BR Blue scenarios.
Hi JPM, thanks for the feedback and glad you enjoyed them. I’m planning to release another four or so BR blue era scenarios in the next couple of weeks, they’ll feature AP’s class 37 and class 50 locos to drive.