4L89 21.25 Coatbridge Freightliner Terminal – Felixstowe (2020) – v1.122nd July 2020
Hi, and thank you for downloading this scenario for the fantastic West Coast Main Line South route.
To install, simply copy the enclosed ‘Content’ folder to your Railworks folder. This is a ‘Standard’ scenario which should last around 80 minutes, and is named “[MJC] 4L89 2125 Coatbridge FLT – Felixstowe”.
One strange by-product of the much-reduced passenger service operating during April, was the opportunity for freight services to have unhindered runs across the network. On a fine April morning, having stopped at Rugby as booked for a personal needs brake, you will now continue your journey to Willesden where you will be relieved. You have locomotives 86627 and 86632. Setting-off just before 07.00, this would normally be one of the busiest times of the day on the WCML and the chances of this service being routed over the Fast lines from Rugby all the way to Ledburn Junction would be nil. These exceptional circumstances are reflected in the loading of your train. Year : 2020
The following are required to ensure that the scenario functions correctly :
* From Alan Thomson Sim
– West Coast Main Line South route version 5.3 (or later, if/when released), and associated requirements. https://alanthomsonsim.com/?download=west-coast-mainline-south-v5-3
– BH Class 390 Reskin Pack, and associated requirements. https://alanthomsonsim.com/?download=bh-class-390-reskin-pack
* From STEAM :
– North London / Goblin line https://store.steampowered.com/app/500211/Train_Simulator_North_London__Goblin_Lines_AddOn/
* Armstrong Powerhouse https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/ :
– Class 66 enhancement pack (and associated requirements)
– Class 86 enhancement pack (and associated requirements)
– Class 350 enhancement pack (and associated requirements)
– Class 375/377 enhancement pack (and associated requirements)
– Class 390 sound pack
– FSA/FTA wagon pack
– JNA wagon pack
The following are NOT required to ensure that the scenario functions correctly, however they will add to the immersion :
* From Armstrong Powerhouse https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/ :
– Sky and Weather enhancement pack.
I do hope you enjoy this scenario.
Update log :
v1.1 26/07/20 : Unofficial extension of London Underground to Watford Junction revoked, scenario writer reminded to not place A.I. whilst under (too much) influence!
Enjoyed the run, just a tip for any future WCMLS scenarios (I hope we see them!), the Bakerloo line only runs as far north as Harrow & Wealdstone
Oops, I did know that as well! Will get that changed.
Matt, thank you very much for an excellent scenario. This is the perfect way to see a brilliant route! Love the quietness of the AI, showing just the effect the past four months has had on the industry which I’ve seen first hand at work. Loved the run up the ‘fasts’ and also liked chasing yellows when you catch up to the NMP – EUS local outside Watford. All in all more great work from you as always and a most enjoyable morning run up the WCML in veteran ACs. Keep it up Matt 🙂
Thank you so much John, really glad you enjoyed it. Yes, likewise I’ve been seeing the effects on our industry first hand during these very strange times. The 75mph run gives great opportunities to appreciate the detailed work that has gone into this wonderful route. I feel a run in an 86/2 with some mark 2s coming on.
Can’t wait Matt, love the sound of that, the 86EP is a great bit of kit, look forward to it. Your scenarios are always absolutely on point and thoroughly enjoyable. Really appreciate all your time and effort. Hope work is going ok for you, stay safe Matt. Look forward to driving again soon 🙂