1Z68 07.07 Carmarthen – Edinburgh “Six Nations Welsh Supporters Train” (2017)6th April 2020
Hi, and thank you for downloading this scenario.
To install, simply copy the enclosed ‘Content’ folder to your Railworks folder. This is a ‘Standard’ scenario and is named “[MJC] 1Z68 0707 Carmarthen – Edinburgh ‘6 Nations Welsh Supporters Train’“.
The Six Nations rugby tournament pitches Wales, Scotland, Ireland, England, France and Italy against each other every year. The fixtures alternate so that each team plays two or three home games, the remainder being away games. Every two years, a special charter train is run from south Wales to Edinburgh for the Scotland v Wales fixture. Drive this service between Hereford and Shrewsbury. Year : 2017.
The following are required to ensure that the scenario functions correctly :
* From STEAM :
– Welsh Marches : Newport to Shrewsbury route add-on https://store.steampowered.com/app/1105541/Train_Simulator_Welsh_Marches_Newport__Shrewsbury_Route_AddOn/
* Armstrong Powerhouse https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/ :
– Class 66 enhancement pack (and associated requirements)
– Class 68 enhancement pack (and associated requirements)
– Class 158 enhancement pack (and associated requirements)
– Class 170 enhancement pack (and associated requirements)
– Class 175 enhancement pack (and associated requirements)
– Mark 2D – 2F coach pack
The following are NOT required to ensure that the scenario functions correctly, however they will add to the immersion :
* From Armstrong Powerhouse https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/ :
– Sky and Weather enhancement pack.
* From Alan Thomson Sim :
– AP Weather Patch (Welsh Marches) by Leander https://alanthomsonsim.com/?download=ap-weather-patch-welsh-marshes
Joining the run at Hereford, once underway you will run non-stop to Shrewsbury. Although both of these stations lie in England, they are close to the border offering railheads for nearby Welsh rugby fans, with Shrewsbury also having rail connections from the Central Wales and Cambrian lines. A deal with Arriva Trains Wales allows travel on connecting services for passengers travelling on this charter. You maximum speed is 100mph. On this section of the route, where split speed limits are in force, the LOWER value speed applies to this train, as the faster speeds only apply to trains formed of multiple units.
I do hope you enjoy this scenario.