Both GWR Manor Class packages have been upgraded (10.7.14) and now include:
- Highly authentic steam effects and particles.
- Optional GWR-style steam chest with non-functional jockey/jigger valve operation, and legacy simple regulator control retained.
- Realistic brake operation, requiring the use of the ejector or vacuum pump (when in motion only) to create a vacuum.
- Synchronised regulator, reverser and cylinder cock operation between two or more GWR Manors and/or Just Trains 4MT Advanced locomotives in a single train.
The GWR Manor Class package has a British Railways and preservation theme, with the models having the later style of un-lipped chimney:
- 7812 Erlestoke Manor
- 7821 Ditcheat Manor
- 7823 Hook Norton Manor
- 7827 Lydham Manor
- 7828 Odney Manor
- 7800 Torquay Manor
- 7802 Bradley Manor
- 7805 Broome Manor
- 7810 Draycott Manor
- 7818 Granville Manor
- 7822 Foxcote Manor
With 11 finely detailed locomotives in various liveries, 19 scenarios for a selection of routes, tenders with the early and late style emblems, and a set of Just Trains Mk 1 coaches, this is the ultimate Manor Class experience!
Manor Class locomotives were a perfect mixed-traffic design and were as happy hauling a coal train as they were a seven-coach stopping train. Although not a hugely powerful design, the locomotives were well liked and indeed 29 of the 30 built made it to 1964/5 (virtually the end of UK steam operations) which undoubtedly helped nine members of the class make it into preservation.
In their early years the 7800 Class loco’s could be found across much of the GWR system, but by the end of the 1950s virtually all operations were concentrated in South or Mid Wales, where steam power hung on for a little longer than on the main lines.
By the time the Manors came into service the beautiful fully lined GWR livery was no more, but Lydham Manor carried this non-authentic livery in preservation and is presented in this pack in that form.
The GWR Manor locomotive is supplied here in three liveries:
- BR Lined Green
- BR Lined Black
- GWR Lined Green (7827)
This expansion also includes tenders with both the early and the late style emblems.
- 7812 Erlestoke Manor, BR Lined Green, 3,500 gallon late emblem tender
- 7821 Ditcheat Manor, BR Lined Black, 3,500 gallon early emblem tende
- 7823 Hook Norton Manor, BR Lined Green, 3,500 gallon early emblem tender
- 7827 Lydham Manor, GWR Fully Lined Green, 3,500 gallon tender
- 7828 Odney Manor, BR Lined Green, compatible with 7812 and 7823 tenders
Just Trains Mk1 coaches complete with passenger view in the following liveries:
- Brown and Cream – British Railways
- Brown and Cream – Great Western Railway
- Crimson and Cream “Blood and Custard” – British Railways
Includes ‘Cornish Riviera’ destination boards.
ENGINE AND TENDER FEATURESFinely detailed external models
- Front and rear working lights
- Fully animated running gear
- Cylinder cock piping
- Sanders piping
- Boiler side hand grab rails
- Name plates
- Pressure relief valves
- Core plugs
- Cab access grab handles
- Steam whistle
- Tender rear steps
- Tender water filling point
- Animated coal level
- Roof vents
- Pipe work
- Levers and controls
- Driver and Fireman seats
- Sanding lever
- Cylinder cock lever
- Blower lever
- Live injector Steam
- Exhaust injector Steam
- Whistle operating chain
- Brake operating lever
- Small Ejector
- Brake vacuum
- Boiler pressure gauge
- Steam heating gauge
- Reverser position indicator
- Custom Physics
- Smoke and steam effects
- Recorded from a real locomotive
- Includes Blower Ejector effects
Please note that the scenarios included with this Manor Class add-on will only work on the assigned routes, some of which are not supplied with Train Simulator and will need to be purchased.
Somerset Joint Railway – Somerset and Dorset route
A Manor has failed in the platform at Templecombe Lower whilst hauling a rail tour to Bristol. The train is heading for Highbridge and is very heavy. You are to collect it from Templecombe Lower and take it to Evercreech.
Drive a GWR Manor on an early morning goods pick-up heading from Highbridge and Burnham to Templecombe. You take over at Evercreech Junction.
Out and back
Drive 7812 Erlestoke Manor on a morning service from Evercreech Junction down to Templecombe before returning as far as Evercreech with a train bound for Highbridge and Burnham.
Drive a GWR Manor on a ballast train from Radstock up to Midford before returning to take another rake down to Bath. There is a great deal of engineering work taking place tonight and we need to get these wagons into position complete with their heavy ballast.
Click on a train and take it for a drive from the Templecombe MPD.
Bristol & Avonmouth route
(Download and Boxed editions of the Bristol & Avonmouth route are available to purchase from the Just Trains website.)
The Bristol and Avon Explorer
Drive 7828 Odney Manor on a charter from Bristol Temple Meads to Severn Tunnel Junction via Avonmouth.
Great Western Mainline – Oxford to Paddington route
Drive 7828 Odney Manor on a loco and support coach move from Didcot to Southall ready for its inaugural rail tour from Paddington the following day.
The Cider Express
Drive 7828 Odney Manor on a rail tour from London Paddington to Minehead as far as Reading. The loco is returning to the West Somerset Railway just in time for its steam gala and this is its first run after a major overhaul. Good luck, driver! You have booked stops at Slough and Reading.
London to Brighton route
Evening Test Run
Drive 7821 Ditcheat Manor on a Sunday evening trip out to Selhurst and East Croydon. This is the loco’s return to traffic and is also a loaded test run.
Isle of Wight route
Drive a GWR Manor on an early morning train from Ryde Pierhead right through to Wootton, stopping at most stations en route.
- 7800 Torquay Manor (GWR Unlined Green, 3,500 gallon tender with GWR shirt button emblem
- 7802 Bradley Manor (BR Lined Green, 3,500 gallon late emblem tender OR 4,000 gallon tender)
- 7805 Broome Manor (GWR Unlined Green, 3,500 gallon tender with G-W-R lettering)
- 7810 Draycott Manor (BR Lined Black Livery, compatible with 7822 tender)
- 7810 Draycott Manor (BR Lined Green Livery and 3, 500 gallon tender with early Lion emblem
- 7810 Draycott Manor (GWR Unlined Green Livery, compatible with 7800 & 7805 tender)
- 7818 Granville Manor (GWR Unlined Green, compatible with 7800 and 7805 tenders)
- 7822 Foxcote Manor (BR Lined Black, 3,500 gallon early emblem tender)
Before WWII the tenders carried the shirt button style emblem (7800) and after the war they carried the letters G-W-R in Gold (as per 7805). These three models can be used with either tender depending on the required period.
This pack is also designed to allow owners to create their own versions of the Manor as the models do not include names and numbers as part of the main mesh; these are added as ‘child’ objects that can be replaced. The inclusion of the BR Green and BR Black liveries from the GWR Manor Class package are included for this reason.
Brown and Cream – Great Western Railway
Please note that these scenarios will only work on the assigned routes, some of which are not supplied with Train Simulator and will need to be purchased.
Somerset and Dorset route
Drive a GWR Manor on a couple of early morning trip workings around Midsomer Norton and Radstock in 1948.
Mixing It Up
Drive a GWR Manor on a mixed parcels/freight service from Evercreech down to Radstock. This service is running to provide extra goods to aid the war effort.
There are huge problems at Bath! There are no locomotives to work the Pines Express down to Bournemouth – the only ones available are a couple of GWR Manors! You are tasked with taking this heavy holiday train from Bath Down to Templecombe.
The roads are all at a standstill due to snow and the regional manager has come to an arrangement with the local schools for their pupils to travel by train instead of bus. You have a heavy train and a difficult timetable to keep to – will you manage it?
Radstock Free Roam
Click on a train and take it for a drive.
Bristol to Exeter route
End of an Era
This will be the final time you drive a GWR Manor on the main line. 7802 Bradley Manor is being withdrawn for an overhaul in a week’s time and it won’t be coming back on the main line. This is the last time the Great Western south of Bristol will see a Manor hauling a train, so make the most of it!
Bristol & Avonmouth route
The Pembroke Coast Express
Drive 7802 Bradley Manor on the last leg of the ‘Pembroke Coast Express’. You are in charge from Severn Tunnel Junction to Bristol Temple Meads.
Drive a GWR Manor on an early morning empty stock movement from Three Bridges to Haywards Heath before running round and heading for Redhill.
Isle of Wight route
Drive a GWR Manor from Shanklin to Ryde Pier. First however you must travel light engine from Sandown to Shanklin.
- Train Simulator 2019
- 3.0GHz PC or any Dual Core
- 2.0GB RAM
- 256MB graphics card
- Windows 8 / 7 / XP / Vista
- Direct X 9.0c compatible sound card
- 520MB hard drive space
Note: Not all the routes required for the included scenarios are included in Train Simulator and are not supplied with this product. They are available to purchase either from the Just Trains website or from the STEAM store.