[YBZG] PDL (Updated) [V1.3.3]26th April 2022
• This is an updated version of the ‘Portsmouth Direct Line – London Waterloo to Portsmouth Harbour’ route made by Dovetail Games for Train Simulator Classic.
• This updated version adds and edits various things within the route in order to enhance the playing experience and make it more realistic to the current day.
• I will continue to update the route in future so constructive criticism, feedback, and ideas on what to update are all much appreciated.
• It’s also worth noting that this route does not overwrite the current PDL route, but it is in fact it’s own route completely (hence why this is under the ‘Routes’ section of ATS, and not the ‘Patches/Fixes’ section).
WHAT’S BEEN UPDATED?
• Edited signal positioning at London Waterloo Station. This allows all platforms (that would in the real world) to accommodate 12-Car Class 450s and 10-Car Class 444s. Before hand, these train lengths wouldn’t be able to clear the signal at the end of the platform even when driven right up to the buffers. This would create big issues when creating scenarios as the AI wouldn’t be able to function properly.
• Added and edited route markers around the route. This allows for an easier time when creating scenarios as it is now a lot easier to route a train in more precise ways.
• Added and edited scenery around the route to make it more accurate to the real world in 2022 compared to how it looked in 2018 when the route released.
• Added better quick drive scenarios that follow the paths of real SWR services (unlike old PDL route which didn’t let you run semi-fast services).
• Added stopping points at all car stop signs along the route. These will allow trains to stop at the correct part of the platform when making a passenger stop in scenarios. I’d strongly advise scenario makers to use these, however it’s worth noting that AI trains don’t open their doors if stopped at a stopping point and they have any waypoints included in their routing. This is a very strange TS bug that I haven’t found a fix for yet.
• Alan Thomson Sim Kings Cross to Kings Lynn OR WCML Missing Link OR ECML Merge to Leeds and York OR Chat Moss
• DTG’s Portsmouth Direct Line – London Waterloo to Portsmouth
• DTG’s South Western Mainline – Southampton to Bournemouth
• DTG’s Chatham Mainline – London Victoria to Dover + Ramsgate
• DTG’s Old Chatham Mainline – London Victoria to Rainham via Herne Hill/Catford
• DTG’s London to Faversham High Speed
• Jamesclass37’s Animated Gateline Pack Volume 2
• [YBZG] 2F93 – 17:32 – London Waterloo to Guildford (450)
• [YBZG] 2P54 – 15:24 – Portsmouth & Southsea to London Waterloo (450)
• [YBZG] 1P72 – 21:02 – Haslemere to London Waterloo (444)
• [YBZG] 1P61 – 19:00 – London Waterloo to Portsmouth Harbour (444)
• [YBZG] 2J07 – 06:36 – London Waterloo to Hampton Court (455)
• [YBZG] 5F70 – 23:27 – Guildford to Clapham Yard Sidings (455)
• [YBZG] 1L19 – 23:40 – London Waterloo to Andover (159)
• [YBZG] 1F07 – 07:28 – Cardiff Central to Portsmouth Harbour & 1F16 – 11:23 – Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central (158)
• [YBZG] 2H20 – 08:41 – Shepperton to London Waterloo (707)
• [YBZG] 1J52 – 16:38 – Hampton Court to London Waterloo (707)
• See Individual Scenario Details Documents within the ‘Documentation’ Folder
SCENARIO EXTRA NOTES
• If any of the scenarios crash during the loading process, load a resource intensive scenario that does load properly, play it for a couple minutes, and then reload the scenario you’re trying to play.
• Ensure to delete the ‘SDBCache.bin.’ file located in ‘Railworks’ > ‘Content’ before loading up the game to play any of the scenarios. This ensures that each scenario will work as intended.
ROUTE EXTRA NOTES
• The new trackwork between Woking and Pirbright Junction is not finished and is not intended for driving on. I was working on this only to test my ability, and not to actually extend the route in any way. This part of the route will not be finished by myself as there is no point in doing so. You can try and finish it if you want, but you may not release it without my permission, as the disclaimer says.
• It is recommended to have your scenery density setting on max when playing the route. This is because it well ensure all scenery shows in game, including the small details, which really enhance the playing experience.
• V1.0 (17/04/22) – Cancelled
• V1.1 (26/04/22) – Added Quick Drive Scenarios, Updated Scenery Outside Woking Station, Updated More Route Markers, Added Route Image, Shortened Route Name
• V1.2 (22/05/22) – Added Four Standard Scenarios, Updated Scenery Inside Waterloo Station, Updated Speed Limits and Boards on Waterloo Station Approach, Updated Ticket Barriers at Walton-on-Thames, Added Stopping Points at all Main Station Car Stop Signs, Added and Updated Various Car Stop Signs, Updated Route Image, Added Additional Requirements, Updated Disclaimer
• V1.3 (14/07/22) – Added More Quick Drive Scenarios, Added Six More Standard Scenarios, Added Trackwork up to Pirbright Junction (Not Meant for Driving On), Completely Overhauled Clapham Junction Scenery, Updated Trackwork at Clapham Junction, Optimized Clapham Junction Area to Improve Performance, Updated Scenery at Raynes Park, Updated Route Image, Added Additional Requirements, Removed the ‘WHATS COMING NEXT?’ Section, Removed Useless Announcement Triggers from the ‘[YBZG] 1P72 – 21:02 – Haslemere to London Waterloo’ Scenario
• V1.3.1 (15/07/22) – Fixed Incorrect AI Class 313 Destinations in Multiple Scenarios, Fixed Missing 450 in ‘[YBZG] 1J52 – 16:38 – Hampton Court to London Waterloo’ Scenario, Updated Route Image
• V1.3.2 (16/07/22) – Added Disclaimer to Scenarios, Added Extra Info and Fixed Small Errors in the READMEs, Updated Route Image
• V1.3.3 (23/07/22) – Fixed Missing Scenery at Clapham Junction (New Installation Instructions), Updated Route Image, Added a ‘Credits’ Section in the REAMDME
HOW TO INSTALL
• If you don’t know where to find your Railworks directory, you can right-click Train Simulator on Steam, click ‘Properties’, click the ‘Local Files’ tab, and click ‘Browse’. You are now inside your Railworks directory.
• Copy the ‘Content’ folder into your Railworks directory and overwrite any files if asked to do so.
• If not done so already, extract ‘PortsmouthDirectAssets.ap’ from ‘Railworks’ > ‘Assets’ > ‘DTG’ > ‘Portsmouth Direct’.
• Copy the ‘Scenery’ folder from ‘Railworks’ > ‘Assets’ > ‘DTG’ > ‘Portsmouth Direct’ > ‘Portsmouth Direct Assets’.
• Paste the ‘Scenery’ folder into ‘Railworks’ > ‘Assets’ > ‘DTG’ > ‘Portsmouth Direct’ and replace any files when asked to do so.
• Delete the ‘SDBCache.bin.’ file located in ‘Railworks’ > ‘Content’ before loading up the game to play any of the scenarios. This ensures that each scenario will work as intended.
• This route can be edited as you wish but is not to be re-uploaded anywhere without my permission.
• You may edit the route as you please, but you must say that you’ve done so if you choose to record or stream your edited version.
• Thank you very much for downloading my route and I hope you enjoy!
• A massive thank you to ‘deargdoom’ who loaded the route up in TS Tools and found the pathing issue causing the missing assets around the route.
Why does it need an ATS route? If this is an essential requirement, what does this add to the route?
It adds a lot of trackside clutter which is essential for detail. Such as the quadrail fences and blue safety fences.
Glad to see you’re OK – notice that your website is down.
Hello, I am not sure if this is an issue that can be normally fixed but the Class 455 and 707 seem to be unable to load in the PDL V1.3.3 scenarios (it is usually the middle carriages that show up and the front/end that don’t). I recall having the all the requirements for both the Class 455 and 707 so I am just wondering whether there are any known cases of this same issue or if there would be any ways to fix this, many thanks!
Hello there, thank you for downloading the route. Regarding your issue, TS does sometimes struggle to fully load in AI when there are lots in a certain scenario. Sometimes, deleting the ‘SDBCache.bin’ file located in ‘Railworks’ > ‘Content’ can fix this issue. 🙂
Thanks! Just wondering if there’s a way to permanently uninstall the “SDBCache.bin” file as it seems to reappear each time after I play..
Yes unfortunately it will reappear every time Train Simulator is launched. Unfortunately, as far as I know there is no way to automatically delete it.