[JG] 2C73 1100 Cardiff Central [CDF] to Penzance [PNZ]6th January 2023
Scenario Type: Standard
Route: Just Trains South Western Expressways to Reading
Track Covered: Bristol Temple Meads to Exeter St. Davids
Duration: 90 minutes
Traction: Great Western Railway 802007 (‘IET’, 5 Coaches)
In this scenario you are to take Great Western Railway service 2C73 Cardiff Central to Penzance from Bristol Temple Meads as far as Exeter St. Davids, calling at Nailsea & Backwell, Yatton, Worle, Weston-super-Mare, Highbridge & Burnham, Bridgwater, Taunton and Tiverton Parkway along the way.
In late 2022 GWR has begun to phase out the ‘Castle Class’ HST short sets running primarily between Cardiff and Penzance, replacing them with Class 800 ‘IET’ dual mode train sets. You are at the controls of one of the latter.
Please do not ‘TAB’ any signals!
This is what I call a ‘real time’ scenario. This means all services are running, as far as possible, according to the times documented on https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk, including delays and cancellations. As long as the information was available and applicable I used the appropriate vehicles and vehicle numbers for player and AI trains.
In this particular scenario I replaced a Class 88 with a Class 68 due to the Class 88 not being available for TS Classic.
Extract the included ‘Content’ folder into your Railworks directory (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RailWorks).
Please note: Several of the listed items have their own payware and/or freeware requirements that may not be listed here! Links for all requirements are provided in the included manual.
– East Coast Main Line London-Peterborough Route
– ScotRail Class 68 Loco Add-on
– Network SouthEast Class 159 DMU Add-On
– Chatham Main & Medway Valley Lines Route Add-On (Static only)
– European Loco & Asset Pack
– Class 800-803 Enhancement Pack
– Class 158/159 (Cummins) Enhancement Pack
– Class 43 (MTU)/Mk3 Enhancement Pack
– Class 68 Enhancement Pack
– Class 150/2 Diesel Multiple Unit Pack (Static only)
– Sky & Weather Enhancement Pack 2.0 (Not necessary but recommended)
– South Western Expressways – Reading
– Voyager Advanced 2019
– JJA Autoballaster PlusPak Advanced
Alan Thomson Sim:
– Class 220/221 (JT) – Updated Consists
Major Wales Design:
– Class 43 Revamp Pack
– HQA ‘Post Railtrack’ Autoballaster
06/01/2023 – V1.00: Initial release.
26/03/2023 – V1.01: Added AP Sky & Weather Enhancement Pack 2.0 compatibility