[GG] 17:05 Birmingham New Street – Glasgow Central (1979)17th May 2021
Part 2 of my new “35 mins or less” series where I’ll be creating a few mini scenarios based on a real 1979/80 British Rail Scotland timetable.
Part 1 Available here: https://alanthomsonsim.com/downloads/gg-0650-glasgow-central-holytown-1979/
We’re on the final leg of the 17:05 Birmingham New Street – Glasgow and Edinburgh service. At this point the train has been halved with the front four coaches continuing under Electric power to Glasgow and the tail end, including the refreshments coach, will be pulled to Edinburgh Waverley by Diesel.
You will be in charge of the Electric portion of the journey to Glasgow Central in a Class 86. There are engineering works in place so there will be a slight diversion on this rainy Sunday evening.
Weather: Bucketing down (Heavy Rain)
Time: 35 mins
– WCML Northwest and Scotland (https://alanthomsonsim.com/?download=west-coast-mainline-wcml-northwest-and-scotland-preston-to-glasgow-edinburgh)
– European Loco & Asset Pack (included with most routes however also available here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/208300/Train_Simulator_European_Loco__Asset_Pack/)
– BR Class 303 Add-On (https://store.steampowered.com/app/258668/Train_Simulator_BR_Class_303_EMU_AddOn/)
– BR Class 101 DMU Add-On (https://store.steampowered.com/app/222579/Train_Simulator_BR_Class_101_DMU_AddOn/
– BR Class 27 Loco Add-On (https://store.steampowered.com/app/258661/Train_Simulator_BR_Class_27_Loco_AddOn/)
– BR Blue Pack (https://store.steampowered.com/app/325977/Train_Simulator_BR_Blue_Pack_Loco_AddOn/)
– BR Blue Diesel/Electric (https://store.steampowered.com/app/376950/Train_Simulator_BR_Blue_Diesel_Electric_Pack_Loco_AddOn/)
– JT Class 20 Advanced Collection – https://www.justtrains.net/product/class-20-advanced-collection
– Armstrong Powerhouse Class 40 Locomotive Pack + Extra Stock Pack https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/rolling_stock/locomotive2/class_40_locomotive_pack
– Armstrong Powerhouse Class 86 Enhancement Pack(https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/enhancements/locomotive/class_86_enhancement_pack)
– Armstrong Powerhouse Mk1 Coach Pack (https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/rolling_stock/coach/mk1_coach_pack_vol_1)
– Armstrong Powerhouse Mk2A-C Coach Pack (https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/rolling_stock/coach/mk2a-c_coach_pack)
– Armstrong Powerhouse Mk2D-F Coach Pack (https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/rolling_stock/coach/mk2d-f_coach_pack)
– Armstrong Powerhouse Mk2F DBSO Coach Pack(https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/rolling_stock/coach/mk2f_dbso_coach_pack)
– Armstrong Powerhouse Class 47 Sound pack (https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/sounds/locomotive3/class_47_sound_pack_pro)
– Armstrong Powerhouse Class 303 Sound pack (https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/sounds/multiple_unit3/class_303_sound_pack)
– Armstrong Powerhouse Class 101/117/121 Sound Pack (https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/sounds/multiple_unit3/class_101_117_121_sound_pack_pro)
– AP Sky/Weather Enhancement (https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/enhancements/general/sky_weather_enhancement_pack)
– VP/MDS BR Class 105, Blue & Grey Livery (Scottish Destinations) – https://www.vulcanproductions.co.uk/legacy.html
– Unrefurbished 303 BR Blue (http://downloads.suburban-glasgow.co.uk/Class303SGPack01.zip)
The scenario is on a Sunday night set to a proper 1979/80 BR timetable so moving AI traffic is minimal on this particular route.
To install, copy the Content folder into your Railworks directory.