Class 800/802 Acceleration Tweak29th May 2020
Simple acceleration tweak for the Class 800.
Please don’t forget that I am not claiming this to be 100% correct, I just felt like the default was just too fast and thought I can make something and share with you guys, nothing major just a little tweak just so it can feel a bit more immersive.
Tractive Effort v Speed graph: https://imgur.com/xAYpWds
TO INSTALL (Works with Superalbs):
1) Navigate to RailWorks\Assets\DTG\Class801Pack01\RailVehicles\Electric\Class801\Default
2) Create a backup of the simulation folder and put it somewhere else
3) Navigate back to RailWorks\Assets\DTG\Class801Pack01\RailVehicles\Electric\Class801
4) Copy the two folders called “GWR_new” and “Default” into RailWorks\Assets\DTG\Class801Pack01\RailVehicles\Electric\Class801
TO INSTALL INTO LNER:
1) Navigate to RailWorks\Assets\DTG\Class801Pack01\RailVehicles\Electric\Class800\LNER
2) Create a backup of the simulation folder and put it elsewhere
3) Delete the simulation folder and extract the tweaked simulation folder into the location
—IMPORTANT: I didn’t have any access to any spec sheets, just tried my best to find some data on the internet. This tweak is not perfect but I tried my best to make it immersive as I can. Happy simming everyone!
I set tractive effort to 0 at 125.9mph just so you guys don’t overspeed and keep needing to adjust the throttle, as I recall these trains got speed limiters set to 125mph in real life – Correct me if I’m wrong please!
Make sure to have BACKUPS!
Current version 1.0.1 (31/01/2021)
Version 1.0.1 –
Changed the way notch 1 – 2 responds
Changed some braking figures to give it a more realistic feeling when braking
Takes longer to reach 125mph
Added some modifications to the Superalbs GWR 802 engine files (weight & drag coefficient)