Class 43 ECML ‘DVTs’11th January 2020
With the early introduction of electric-hauled services on the ECML in the 1980s and the new Mk4 stock yet to be delivered, HST 2+8 sets were used as a stopgap with a Class 91 providing traction power at one end and a modified powercar ‘DVT’ providing auxiliary power at the other. 8 powercars were modified with TDM equipment and buffers to make them compatible with the Class 91s. They also gained distinct full yellow warning panels. After initially running unpowered, traction power was reinstated due to reliability issues, giving a total output of over 8000hp per set.
– InterCity Executive – full yellow front – (43014, 123)
– InterCity Swallow – full yellow front, older numbering – (43013, 065, 067, 068, 080, 084)
– InterCity Swallow – full yellow front, newer numbering – (43014, 123)
– 10 Quick Drive consists
– European Loco & Asset Pack
– AP Class 43 (Valenta)/Mk3 Enhancement Pack
– JamesIvell HST Improvement Patch
– MJW Class 43 Revamp Pack
Optional Requirements (for Quick Drive consists only)
– InterCity Class 91 Loco Add-On
– AP Class 91/Mk4 Enhancement Pack
– A Readme is included with more info and instructions, please read it carefully!