Class 43 ECML ‘DVTs’11th January 2020
With the early introduction of electric services on the ECML in the 1980s and the new Mk4 stock yet to be delivered, 2+8 HST sets were used as a stopgap with a brand new Class 91 providing traction power at one end and a modified powercar ‘DVT’ providing auxiliary power at the other. In total, 8 powercars were modified with TDM equipment and buffers to make them compatible with the Class 91s and they also gained distinct full yellow fronts. After initially providing only auxiliary power, traction power had to be reinstated due to reliability issues caused by the continuous idling, giving a total output of over 8000hp per set!
What’s new in v1.1?
– MJW Class 43 Revamp Pack bits removed (pack no longer a requirement)
– Shiny new batch file and manual
– InterCity Executive variant (43014, 123)
– InterCity Swallow (Early) variant (43013, 065, 067-068, 080, 084)
– InterCity Swallow variant (43014, 123)
– PreLoad/Quick Drive consists
– Steam: European Loco & Asset Pack
– AP: Class 43 (Valenta)/Mk3 Enhancement Pack
– ATS: JamesIvell HST Improvement Patch
Optional Requirements (for PreLoad consists only)
– Steam: InterCity Class 91 Loco Add-On
– AP: Class 91/Mk4 Enhancement Pack
– A Readme is included with more info and instructions, please read it carefully!
Hi there, I’m having an issue where the HST just spews out clag and doesn’t work. I have all the required assets, but it’s probably an issue on my part. If you know of any fixes please could you let me know? Any replies appreciated, cheers 🙂
I have a feeling it might be that the Revamp Pack bits I have used have become very outdated and are no longer compatible with newer versions of the Revamp Pack itself, I don’t actually have the Revamp Pack installed anymore so at some point I shall redo the files and remove it as a requirement.
I have all of the required add-ons but I can’t see the buffers
Do you have the oovee buffers pack? It comes with some locos or routes for TS. You’ll have to check. The buffer pack is discontinued now, but it definitely comes with some routes or loco addons.
Is there any way that class 91 can be powered up from the hst
Nice add on
I’ve wished for this for ages! nice work!