1A57 14.10 Liverpool Lime St – London Euston (1999)6th August 2019
Hi, and thank you for downloading this scenario.
To install, simply copy the enclosed ‘Content’ folder to your Railworks folder. This is a ‘Standard’ scenario and is named “[MJC] 1A57 1410 Liverpool Lime St – London Euston”. Please note that when the scenario starts, you may receive an error message – I haven’t been able to ascertain what this refers to, and it appears to have no bearing on how the scenario runs. Please press ‘F2’, then cancel, and the scenario should run fine.
On a drizzly Sunday in July 1999 you will be driving an afternoon southbound departure from Liverpool as far as Crewe, with 87014 “Iron Duke” providing the power.
You will be calling at Runcorn and Crewe. Engineering work is taking place on the Fast lines between Edge Hill and Allerton, so we shall be using the Slow line. The set you will be driving formed the 0800 from Euston earlier today and is one of very few workings to Liverpool booked for a mark 2 push-pull set, which restricts your maximum speed to 100mph. These mostly work Wolverhampton / Birmingham and Holyhead services, with limited workings to
Lancaster, Preston and Glasgow, as well as this Liverpool working.
The following are required to ensure that the scenario functions correctly :
* From Alan Thomson Sim :
– West Coast Main Line – Midlands and North West route (including all requirements) https://alanthomsonsim.com/?download=west-coast-mainline-midlands-and-northwest-aka-missing-link
– HST Branded Virgin West Coast and Cross Country pack by James Ivell https://alanthomsonsim.com/?download=hst-branded-virgin-west-coast-cross-country-pack
* From Armstrong Powerhouse https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/ :
– Class 90 + DVT pack (and associated requirements)
– Mark 2d-2f coach pack
– Class 37 pack volume 1
– Class 150/2 pack
– Class 158 Cummins and Perkins enhancement packs (and associated requirements)
– Class 142 pack
– HST (Valenta) enhancement pack (and associated requirements)
* Just Trains Seacow wagon pack https://www.justtrains.net/product/ygb-seacow-pluspak (also included in the class 60 Advanced + freight wagons bundle)
* From STEAM :
– Virgin Trains First Generation loco pack https://store.steampowered.com/app/562389/Train_Simulator_Virgin_Trains_First_Generation_Pack_Loco_AddOn/
– BR Class 87 loco https://store.steampowered.com/app/222586/Train_Simulator_BR_Class_87_Loco_AddOn/
– TS Marketplace YLA Mullet wagon pack https://store.steampowered.com/app/326043/TS_Marketplace_YLA_Mullet_Wagon_Pack/
– TS Marketplace YQA Parr wagon pack https://store.steampowered.com/app/326047/TS_Marketplace_YQA_Parr_Wagon_Pack/
* From EWS Simulations : Class 87 Virgin Trains pack http://spookywestie.weebly.com/87vt.html
* From Fastline Simulation : AST-01 Battery TSR Sign pack (free) http://www.fastline-simulation.co.uk/index.php/free-stuff/185-ast-01-battery-tsr-signs
The following are NOT required to ensure that the scenario functions correctly, however they will add to the immersion.
* From Armstrong Powerhouse https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/ : Sky and Weather enhancement pack.
* From Backdated Train Sim : Rail Express Systems Class 47/4 pack https://backdatedtrainsim.weebly.com/locomotives.html
* From STEAM :
– BR Blue class 08 add-on livery (and associated requirements) https://store.steampowered.com/app/275804/BR_Blue_Class_08_Addon_Livery/
– BR General class 08 add-on livery (and associated requirements) https://store.steampowered.com/app/275809/BR_General_Class_08_Addon_Livery/
I have tried to provide a ‘scenario guide’ which is located in the zip file, which incudes additional notes about the scenario, driving technique etc. Please have a quick read and if there’s anything I can improve upon please let me know.
I hope you enjoy this scenario.