Berks and Hants to Bristol and Penzance13th November 2020
Berks and Hants to Bristol and Penzance
A route for Train Simulator 2021
BHBP merges The Railways of Devon and Cornwall (RDC) and South Western Expressways to Reading (SWER).
RDC and SWE-R are two well established TS routes. RDC started with, develops and vastly extends DTG’s ‘Riviera Line’. SWE-R started with and significantly extends and develops Just Trains’ ‘South Western Expressways’.
The combined new BHBP route has well over 300 miles of main, secondary and branch lines across southern and south west England:
• 219 miles of main line from Reading to Penzance along the Berks and Hants line via Newbury, Westbury, Taunton, Exeter, Plymouth and Truro.
• 37 miles of main line from Bristol to Taunton via Cogload Junction
• 21-miles of main and secondary line from Bristol to Bath and Westbury
• 28 miles of secondary line from Exeter to Axminster
• The secondary line from Newton Abbot to Paignton, and the Paignton and Dartmouth heritage railway onwards to Kingswear
• The Exeter to Exmouth branch
• The Exeter to Barnstaple branch, including the Dartmoor Railway heritage and testing line from Coleford Junction to Meldon Quarry via Okehampton
• The Plymouth to Gunnislake branch
• The Liskeard to Looe branch
• The Totnes to Falmouth branch
• The St Erth to St Ives branch
Required routes and assets
RDC and SWER used assets from a significant number of different sources, so BHBP’s required assets list is quite long. There’s no way around this for now, but the combined route offers hundreds of miles of main, secondary and branch line track, allowing lengthy, varied and totally immersive true to life scenarios.
BHBP just won’t work at all without your having:
Train Simulator 2021
DTG – The Riviera Line
DTG – The Riviera Line in the 50s
Just Trains – South Western Expressways
It may work – but only just in some cases – without your having the routes and assets shown below. BUT there will be big gaps in the scenery and you’d have a poor user experience.
Brighton Main Line
Town Scenery Pack
Platform Clutter Pack
European Loco and Asset Pack (Not required if you had Train Simulator before Sept 2012)
Bristol to Cardiff
Western Main Lines (none of the route extensions are needed)
Bristol to Exeter
Newcastle to Edinburgh
Alan Thomson Simulation (ATS)
ATS OHLE Pack
Barnstaple to Exeter
NS Station and Object Scenery
Bridge Kit (Haddock 1000)
VP Grass Pack
IET/EMU Stop Sign Pack
We strongly recommend that you get hold of and install all of the above required routes and assets before you install BHBP.
The vast majority of problems reported in requests for support are caused by failure to have required assets installed.
PLEASE NOTE: BHBP uses a large number of assets available from UKTS. Where possible we have bundled them in to the route installation zip. UKTS developers and the UKTS community asset pack project require that the assets only be used in freeware routes (like BHBP) supplied free to users from the websites they’re made available from.
You are using these assets under licence from these developers. You can only distribute them (where allowed to do so) in accordance with their licence conditions, which are included in their asset directories inside the assets folder in the BHBP download zip. In short, privately using them on your own PC is fine. Only send them on to anyone else if the licence says you can and in the way the licence requires.