1M89 16.45 Cardiff Central – Manchester Oxford Road (1999)6th December 2019
Hi, and thank you for downloading this scenario.
To install, simply copy the enclosed ‘Content’ folder to your Railworks folder. This is a ‘Standard’ scenario and is named “[MJC] 1M89 1645 Cardiff Central – Manchester Oxford Rd”
On Fridays only, instead of working an afternoon service to and from Weymouth, Wales and West’s rake of mark 2 coaches was used on this peak time departure from Cardiff. Drive this service between Newport and Shrewsbury in its last year of operation. You have local favourite 37414, which would go on to haul this train on its very last day of running with loco-haulage (and yours truly was on board).
The following are required to ensure that the scenario functions correctly :
* From Armstrong Powerhouse https://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/ :
– Class 37 locomotive pack volume 1
– Class 66 enhancement pack (and associated requirements)
– Class 150/2 DMU pack
– Class 156 DMU pack
– Class 158 Cummins and Perkins enhancement packs (and associated requirements)
– Mark 2A – 2C coach pack
– BAA/BZA wagon pack
– HAA wagon pack
– Wherry Lines route
* From STEAM :
– Welsh Marches : Newport to Shrewsbury route add-on https://store.steampowered.com/app/1105541/Train_Simulator_Welsh_Marches_Newport__Shrewsbury_Route_AddOn/
* From Just Trains
– Class 60 advanced loco pack https://www.justtrains.net/product/class-60-advanced
– IWB Cargowaggon pack https://www.justtrains.net/product/cargowaggon-iwb-pluspak
This scenario should last around 115 minutes. Having arrived at your first stop in Newport, you will drive to Shrewsbury, calling at Abergavenny, Hereford, Leominster, Ludlow, Craven Arms, and Church Stretton. To avoid a run-round at Manchester, this service runs through platform 14 at Piccadilly and terminates at Oxford Road, then runs empty via Chat Moss and the WCML to Crewe, before forming the 21.38 Fridays-only Crewe to Cardiff. As we are in the Summer timetable, the full 6 coach formation is in use – during Winter months this drops to 4 coaches.
I do hope you enjoy this scenario.